Matt has been involved in funding eco tourism development for over 10 years, and has led and helped develop community tourism activity
To develop our own business, Goleen Harbour, “a place to stay, to relax, a place to have adventures and to learn, a place apart on the Wild Atlantic Way”.
- Matt identified the site, a 38 acre coastal farm in West Cork,
- Wrote the business plan that attracted more than €100k in private investment.
- Designed the buildings and site layout
- Obtained planning permission for the development, even though the site contained SAC area (Special Area of Conservation)and a National Monument site.
- Started an Organic farm
- Planted a 10,000 tree Native Woodland
- Established the activity side of the business and started to develop the accommodation mix.
- We know what it takes to get such a business off the ground, talk to us and find out how we can help you with yours.
- We can advise on state funding and private investment.
- We can advise on the positives and the pit falls!